TR-09 System Program ( Ver.1.04 )
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your TR-09.
- Hold down 1 button switch on the power to the unit.
- The version information screen appears.
- After checking version of the product, power off the TR-09 without performing any button operation.
[ Ver.1.04 ] NOV 2016
- Preset patterns were added.
* To use the added patterns, a factory reset is required.
- A MUTE function was added.
- A PAN setting was added.
What you will need to update your TR-09
- Micro USB cable (Dedicated charging cables cannot be used.)
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the TR-09. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your TR-09 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the TR-09 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "boutique2_sys_104.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "boutique_sys_104" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted file.
- Never turn off the TR-09's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the TR-09 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program file into your TR-09 according to the following procedure.
- Connect the computer to the TR-09's USB port by a USB cable.
- Hold down [ ENTER ] and switch on the power.
- Open the "TR-09" drive folder in your personal computer.
- Copy BQ2_UPD.BIN in the "boutique2_sys_104" folder into the "TR-09" drive by dragging and dropping it.
* Do not copy the "boutique2_sys_104" folder.
- After copying the file is completed, remove the USB drive from the personal computer.
Right-click on the "TR-09" icon in My Computer and execute "Eject."With Mac
Drag the "TR-09" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
- Press the [ ENTER ] button to start updating the file.
When the [ ENTER ] button lights up, the update is finished.
- Turn the TR-09 power off.
* At the initial startup after the update, all indicators might remain unlighted for about 10 seconds. Continue waiting until the unit starts normally.