LX-15e System Update Version 1.11
This system program updates your LX-15e to the latest version 1.11.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your LX-15e.
- Hold down [ + ] and [ - ] and switch on the power to the unit.
If this shows the latest version (version 1.11 or later), there's no need to update your LX-15e.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
[ Ver.1.11 ]
What you will need to update your LX-15e
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a LX-15e.
- A computer with a USB connector (Windows 7 / 8, Mac OS X v10.4.3 or later)
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- After you perform the update, Songs that have been saved in Favorite (internal memory) will be deleted. You must copied the songs to the USB flash drive before you perform the update. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the Owner's Manual.
- Copying a Saved Song
- We recommend that you make a note of the your settings before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the Owner's Manual.
- Memory Backup (Refer to the owner's manual to make a note of the settings.)
- Settings Stored Automatically (Refer to the owner's manual to make a note of the settings.)
- USB Driver
- USB Memory Mode
- Display Contrast
- Auto Off
- Wireless LAN
- Never power-off your LX-15e while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the LX-15e won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "lx15_sys_v111.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "R061_LX15e" folder.
Procedure for the update
- Copy the entire folder containing the LX-15e update data ( R061_LX15e ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Leaving the power to the LX-15e switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ Rec ] and switch on the power to the unit.
Please wait for about ten seconds until displaying "Loading..."
- The update starts. Wait several minutes. When "Completed." is displayed, the operation is finished.
- Detach the USB Memory and switch off the power to the unit.