DJ-707M System Program (Ver.1.02)
HOW TO KNOW THE VERSION
Before you start, check the system program version of your DJ-707M.
- Press the [ POWER ] switch to turn on the power to the DJ-707M.
- Press the [ MENU ] button to display the menu screen.
- Turn the [ SELECT ] knob to select "Version," then press the [ SELECT ] knob.
The version of the DJ-707M appears on the display.
* If this shows the latest version, there's no need to update your DJ-707M.
[ Ver.1.02 ] AUG 2019
- Channel Effects and Vocal Effects have been added.
- Scene backup and restore functions have been added.
The following bug was fixed.
- Minor bugs have been fixed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR DJ-707M
- USB cable
* The update is carried out with the unit and the computer connected via USB.
Provide a cable suitable for connection to the computer you're using.
- Computer (Windows or Mac) equipped with a USB port compliant with USB 2.0
CAUTION WHEN PERFORMING THE UPDATE
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the DJ-707M. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your DJ-707M while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the DJ-707M won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
GETTING THE UPDATE FILE
Please open/extract the downloaded "dj707m_sys_102.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "dj707m_sys_102" folder.
PROCEDURE FOR THE UPDATE
- You must not rename the extracted file.
- Never turn off the DJ-707M's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the DJ-707M itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program file into your DJ-707M according to the following procedure.
- Connect the computer to the DJ-707M's PC A port by a USB cable.
- Hold down the [ EXIT ] button and turn on the power.
- Open the "Roland" drive folder in your personal computer.
- Copy DJ-707M_C0A_up_V102.bin in the "dj707m_sys_102" folder into the "Roland" drive by dragging and dropping it.
* Do not copy the "dj707m_sys_102" folder.
- After copying the file is completed, remove the USB drive from the personal computer.
With WindowsRight-click on the "Roland" icon in My Computer and execute "Eject."With MacDrag the "Roland" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
* Depending on the computing setup you're using, ejecting the USB drive might cause the update to start.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The update starts automatically.
When the update has finished, the message "Update Finished. Turn off power." appears on the display.
- Turn the DJ-707M power off.
This completes the update operation. The new system program runs at the next startup.
Refer to "HOW TO TELL THE VERSION" and confirm that the version has been updated to show "1.02."